Woman is a female human being who give birth to the new generation and the strength of this whole world. We can’t even think about the survival of this world without women. As we all know women’s day celebrated on 8th March of every year to celebrate the achievements and contributions given by women. This year women’s day celebrated with the theme ‘’Press for Progress’’ and with a motive to encourage women empowerment and gender parity.
In India especially where girls are killed even before birth i.e. Female Foeticide, I think this Gender parity motive seems to be very tough to achieve. Female foeticide is the abortion of a female foetus outside of legal methods.
Female foeticide has been originated in early 1990’s when the ultrasound technology was affordable and widespread adopted in India. This is the big disadvantage of science and technology which has been found by human beings and derived a biggest crime.
Reasons for female foeticide
- A son is often preferred as an ‘Asset’ ’since he can earn and support the family and a daughter is a ‘liability’ since she will be married off to another family, and so will not contribute financially to her parents.
- Dowry System is the biggest reason or cause of this crime. A dowry is a payment given from the bride’s family to groom’s family at the time of Marriage. If a girl is born the people worried about the dowry even she is so small they have to save the money since her childhood.
- Increase in illegal trafficking of women in which women, often girls who’ve just puberty, are forced to marry for a price settled by the groom to be.
- Increase in Rape and Assault, there is a fear in every girl’s parent that his/her daughter is not safe in this unprotected country.
The main concerned person is the woman (mother to be), the woman suffered a lot with mental and physical challenges and not ready to speak against this offence but people don’t know when woman becomes ‘ÇHANDI’ she can do anything and even kills the evils.
But now the situation is much better after the Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques Act (PNDT), 1994 which is amended various times in which Ban on Prenatal sex determination and specifies other punishments regarding this crime. Hospitals and Scan centers clearly mentioned the Ban on sex determination via notices and hoardings.
Government take several initiatives to encourage birth of girl child-
- Reservation to Only Girl Child in school and colleges.
- One of the most spectacular initiative by govt of India ‘’BETI BACHAO, BETI PADHAO’’
- Started Latest Scheme named Ladli in which govt give cash initiative to the parents whose annual income is less than 1 lakh.
“Beti hai toh kal hai”
Because she is a daughter,sister,wife and mother who gives birth to the tiny human being and never complaint about anything. Girl / woman is important to start your life and even at the time of death people remember their mother “Maaaaaa”
We are three sisters and one brother and believe me my parents never do discrimination among us. We all three are well qualified and well settled, they gave us fair rights to educate and fair freedom to give our opinion in all matters.
Now as a parents of a daughter, I and my husband are proud parents as we have the precious treasure of our life. She gives us reason to live and smile, my family feels lucky to have a girl child because my husband has no siblings, he is the only child of his parents and birth of girl give my in-laws immense happiness and enthusiasm to live more.
Me as a woman, daughter, wife, and a mother, I feel proud that I am a pillar of strength of my family, as well as feel lucky to have a husband who support in every situation because he knows very well a happy woman raises a happy child and stress-free family.
To conclude this blog post I just want to say that woman is birth giver, protector, healer and Backbone of the family, she is happy then this whole world is happy.
Go check out their views on international women’s day .