It is as like other normal days for me.
I don’t believe in love at first sight, how a person can decide in just few minutes that he/she is in love…At first sight, the person only affectionate or attract towards each other, i think love has a broad meaning which cannot be clicked in one second/minute/even in one day.
Even I didn’t believe in love before my marriage, for me it is just a word because I never feel the feeling of love before marriage.After getting married four years back, I realized, yes there is a feeling which exists in me and the reason of our strong bond.
I am lucky to have a husband who has same views like me who don’t believe in celebrating this day (Sone pe suhaga) but only to show off, he bought
On our first valentine’s day – 1 Teddy and 1 Rose
On second Valentine’s Day – 1 rose
On 3rd Valentine’s Day when I was pregnant – only Golgappa (Panipuri) treat
And 4th valentine’s day – Nothing, even he forgot to wish me
Waiting for this year….
And from my side No Nooo Noooooo gift at all, because I don’t believe in this Formality.
’’love needs NO proof,No day to celebrate,No cards to show your love
All it needs a hand to hold in difficult times
Make your loved one Smile’’
I am not against in all this and who celebrates this love festival…I just don’t like this because I think-
– There is no specific day to show your love for each other
– If you are in love, you don’t need to prove it.
– I have no time to select one gift from zillion options because I am a mother of one super active toddler.
– I believe in strong bond which is based upon trust and understanding b/w husband and wife, not on expensive gifts or restaurant dates.
– One vacation in 6 months is sufficient for us but not on special occasions, it depends upon the office work of Mr. Husband
– I also want some personal space and precious time with my loving husband but can’t afford to spend too much money and time.
– It is not only about lovers, it should be celebrate with our parents, friends and even son/daughter.
I don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings or their opinions, this is my views on Valentine’s Day I hope you consider it in positive sense.
I would like to end this with these lovely lines
‘’love is not all about days, songs, flowers;
It’s about trust, decisions and relations’’
Thanks for Reading,
This post is a part of the blog train started by Jasmeet of mommyvoyage and Anchal of The mumstory . They have networked to bring together 28 moms to share their take on Love and Relationships in this month of Love .
I am grateful to Rashmi from notjustmommying for introducing me to the blog train.
I now let the train pass from my station and reach yet another wonderful place on Deepali from myteenytot blog.